Thursday, April 11, 2013

Guy Friends

I never did have too many male friends.  I always felt awkward and just not know how to act around them.  There was only a few and one of them I had in 3rd grade. I became friends with him after he asked me to hold his hand at the Skate Rink during a partner skating session.  I was shocked because nothing like this has ever happened to me before!  He was really cute and after that, I was hooked.  He gave me his phone number at the end of that school year and during the summer, with my best friend telling me that I had to call him back, I did.  We ended up talking a lot on the phone.  I guess I wanted him to be my boyfriend, and I probably think he liked me as a girlfriend but I was in 4th grade. I had no idea so we just played four square or two square during recess and just said hi to each other everyday.  We kept in touch until middle school and then lost track.  We met up again by accident in college because I saw him by pure chance, but by that time we had nothing in common.  It was kind of sad and made me think more about friendships.

I only have one guy friend  in my life that I am really close to and he's my husband.  It's still a mystery to me how men and women can be friends without being in a relationship. 



No comments:

Post a Comment