- I know this posting is different but I wanted to try something new. Jennifer and I had a small business venture several years ago and made jewelry and sold it at a craft fair (it was really fun!) Our name was Sugarbowljewelry and we did something we have always wanted to do at least once, which was sell stuff together. I found a pair of earrings that was left from that craft fair and wanted to give it to one lucky reader. It's for pierced ears and sterling silver chain with Swarovski crystals. I'll pick the winner with the most points!
Commenting on my Blog = 1 point
- Joining my Blog = 2 points
- Re-posting this on your Facebook = 2 points (just let me know when you do this)
- Please leave me your e-mail address so I have a way to contact you by posting it with your comments or you can send me a separate e-mail. I'll pick the winner on 9/3 and will notify the winner. Good Luck!
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
One of our favorite movies was My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. Jennifer got me into watching older movies. If it was not for her, I would never have watched:
- Singing in the Rain
- High Noon
- The Greatest Show on Earth
- And much more that I don't remember
One movie I do wish to forget was Dr. Dolittle and no it's not the one with Eddie Murphy, this was also with Rex Harrison....gah...if you ever wanted to see bad animal impressions, weird story line (I read the book and the book was wayyyyy better) and an awkward semi romance, this movie is for you.
Also did you know that back in the 50' or around that time, for any movies, kissing scenes had timed limits and restrictions. But like the movie North by Northwest, they actually found a way around it by having the kiss scenes be in spurts of 3 seconds. So, this bypassed the Motion Picture laws and still made the movies of the 1950's etc. very romantic but also very classy I think....