Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Fair Lady



One of our favorite movies was My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. Jennifer got me into watching older movies. If it was not for her, I would never have watched:


  • Oklahoma

  • Singing in the Rain

  • Rebeca

  • High Noon

  • The Greatest Show on Earth

  • And much more that I don't remember

One movie I do wish to forget was Dr. Dolittle and no it's not the one with Eddie Murphy, this was also with Rex Harrison....gah...if you ever wanted to see bad animal impressions, weird story line (I read the book and the book was wayyyyy better) and an awkward semi romance, this movie is for you.


Also did you know that back in the 50' or around that time, for any movies, kissing scenes had timed limits and restrictions. But like the movie North by Northwest, they actually found a way around it by having the kiss scenes be in spurts of 3 seconds. So, this bypassed the Motion Picture laws and still made the movies of the 1950's etc. very romantic but also very classy I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment